Brought to you by Chef Sabrina Mancin
Prep Time | 20 minutes
Cook Time | 0 minutes
- 1370g Whole milk (3.5% fat)
- 55g Heavy cream (about 36% fat)
- 50g Zoë’s Chili extra virgin olive oil
- 280g Sugar
- 50g Honey
- 50g Skim milk powder
- 85g Cocoa powder (22-24% fat or the best quality you can find)
- 55g Dark chocolate (about 60-65%)
- 5g = 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- In a metal or plastic bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix them well with a whisk or spatula.
- In a large container or pitcher, combine the liquid ingredients EXCEPT the chili evoo.
- Either with an immersion blender or in a regular blender, drizzle in the dry ingredients into the liquids and mix everything very well for about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour your mix in a pot and heat up to 85ºC or 185ºF. Mix it often with a spatula making sure to scrape the bottom softly to ensure the mix is not attaching to it as it heats.
- In the mean time, prepare an ice bath making sure the container you chose to keep your mix in fits over the ice bath at least half way down.
- Once the mix reaches this temperature, strain it and place it in the container over an ice bath. Stir occasionally until it is warm to the touch or about 45ºC or 113ºF.
- At this point, drizzle in the chili evoo as you immersion blend it or mix it all inside a blender.
- Proceed then to store in the fridge until it is cold. You can do this the day before.
- If your machines requires it, prepare it by freezing or cooling any parts prior to churning and then proceed to churn as you normally would any other mix.
- Immediately store in the freezer once it is done and keep it in it for at least 30 minutes.
Serve in a chilled bowl maybe with some sweetened whipped cream or chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Check out Chef Sabrina's website - Here